Exercises For Thighs
There are so many different types of exercises for thighs using all kinds of different equipment. In order to get great looking thighs, all four muscles of the quadriceps must be exercised. Good news, many exercises target more than one of the four muscles needing work. In addition, to the type of exercise performed, it is as important, if not more so, to pay close attention to your stance. There are 3 major stances to think about when doing multi-jointed exercises for the quads.
1. For good, stimulating, over all thigh development, you should stand with feet shoulder width apart and toes slightly pointed out.
2. In order to best work out the outer quad, a.k.a. the vastus lateralis, you should stand with your feet in a close stance and your toes pointed straight ahead.
3. This next stance targets both the vastus medialis and the inner thigh. In order to target these two muscles correctly, you should stand in a wide stance with toes pointed outward at a 45 degree or greater angle.
In order to properly target the quad muscles to the get a great work out, it is worth mentioning to remember to mainly push with your toes. Along with foot placement, foot position also adds to the specific development of certain quad muscles in the thigh.
1. For a good rounded work out, keep the toes straight ahead.
2. For the maximum work out of the vastus medialis (inner quad) your toes should be pointed outward.
3. To really target the vastus lateralis (outer quad) you should perform your exercises with your toes pointing in.
There are many different exercises you can do and a wide range of tools you can use to exercise your thighs. If you like to work out with free weights, you can do lunges or squats using dumbbells or balance balls. Some people prefer to work out with a machine. If that is the case, you can do leg presses and squats. And let us not forget all the different types of Isolation exercises you can to. If this is the way you want to go, you will be doing sissy squats and leg extensions.
As you can see, there are so many different exercises for thighs, as well as different ways to do those exercises for thighs allowing you to target different parts of the thigh. Whether you do lunges, squats, or isolation exercise, remember not only to use the correct foot placement, but also the correct foot position.
Tags: Exercises for Thighs